SOLI’s Core Principles
Our Operational Ethos Based on 9 Core Principles and Goals
- Provide the training, support, and resources necessary for threatened populations to defend themselves.
- Provide the training, support, and resources necessary for oppressed populations to liberate themselves.
- Take action where the international community and governments have failed to assist at-risk populations facing security crises.
- Combat the rise of extremist militancy by assisting liberation movements before the cycle of violence spawns extremist ideologies and extremist groups motivated by such ideologies.
- Bring conflicts to an end more quickly through targeted, intelligent, carefully executed intervention.
- Assist with the implementation of international aid and development projects in communities affected by conflict to empower them through economic development and help them rebuild both during and after the conflict.
- Serve as a conduit for those around the world who care about those affected by conflict to contribute time, resources, and funding to have a real, tangible effect on the ground to help those in need by helping to end the cause of their suffering instead of only providing temporary fixes (curing the disease that is the conflict, instead of only treating the symptoms which are the effects of the conflict).
- Redefine the security contracting industry by challenging the for-proft model that has dominated it throughout history, by providing services and assistance on a non-profit basis.
- Provide an opportunity for security contractors and those with a variety of skills and talents to contribute their time and services to help those in need around the world.
Sons of Liberty International (SOLI) was founded by international security analyst Matthew VanDyke in recognition of the failure of the international community and governments to adequately protect the defenseless and support those struggling for freedom around the world.
Learn more about us.
Sons of Liberty International
2100 M Street NW
Washington DC 20037-1233
Mon. - Fri.: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Sat. & Sun.: Closed